Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Soundtrack to My Life..

Biz Markie - "Just a Friend"
Everyone has had that time where they liked someone and, oh, they consider you just a friend. I like this song because it's so easy to relate to. The song also has a nice beat to it, one that you can dance to, sing to in the car or shower, or just do your homework to. Whenever I hear this song it makes me smile. :)


Taylor Swift - "Never Grow Up"
This was a song I had on repeat as I was getting ready to leave for school this summer. I have a little brother (age 4) and sister (age 8) and this song made me realize how old we were all getting. It also made me sad to realize I was going to miss a lot of them growing up and going to school during the year. This made me want them to stop growing up until I got back. Also it helped me understand the kind of things my parents were going through, with their first born going to school. It also showed me how much I rely on my parents.

Brad Paisley (feat. Dolly Parton) - "When I Get Where I'm Going"
This song was just always just a good song to sing to, that is until my grandpa passed away. I was always really close to my grandpa and there is a line in this song (I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy/And he'll match me step for step/And I'll tell him how I've missed him every minute since he's left/And then I'll hug his neck). There is not a day that I don't miss my grandpa and to think I could go see him one more time makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment